Choking and Aspiration
Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyer in Philadelphia, PA
- Choking on or aspirating food or liquids is a source of danger for nursing home residents.
- The risks of choking or aspirating include death and aspiration pneumonia.
- If your loved one has suffered a stroke, has Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, or Dementia they can be at increased risk for choking or aspiration.
- Nursing homes must conduct appropriate screening, assessments and treatments to prevent your loved one from choking or aspirating.
- In addition, the facility must have enough staff to properly assist and supervise residents during meal times.