Abuse & Neglect
Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyer in Philadelphia, PA
- Under federal law “Abuse” is defined as t ”the willful infliction of injury, unreasonable confinement, intimidation or punishment with resulting physical harm, pain or mental anguish” or “deprivation by an individual, including a caretaker, of goods or services that are necessary to attain or maintain physical, mental and psycho social well-being.
- “Sexual abuse” includes, but is not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual coercion, or sexual assault.
- “Physical abuse” includes hitting, slapping, pinching and kicking. It also includes controlling behavior through corporal punishment.
- “Mental abuse” includes, but is not limited to, humiliation, harassment, threats of punishment or deprivation.
- “Neglect” in a nursing home as “the deprivation by a caretaker of goods or services which are necessary to maintain physical or mental health.”